A leading worldwide wind turbine company asked Helipebs to design special hydraulic cylinders that could be used for the fatigue testing of wind turbine blades in various orientations and positions along the blades.
The challenge was to design a range of hydraulic cylinders in terms of sizes, loads required, fluid flow rates and specific features to enable the testing of wind turbine blades to the end user’s full specification.
With many years of experience in designing and manufacturing bespoke hydraulic cylinders for specific applications in green energy and aerospace as well as wind turbine blades, we were able to use our extensive engineering and manufacturing expertise to design a set of hydraulic cylinders based in principle on our standard tie rod design, but incorporating enhanced features such as heavy duty bearings with poly resin bearing strip inserts to resist expected side loads, high flow manifolds, and load cell interfaces built into the cylinder mountings.
- High reliability hydraulic cylinders based on proven tie rod design for wing and blade testing
- Enhanced bearing design incorporating high load poly resin bearing strips
- High flow manifold for use with 3 or 4 stage high flow servo valve
- Dual cylinder port piping for high flow use
- Long term client partnership