Helipebs believes in the continual improvement of all its processes, both on the factory floor and in the office.
By maximising efficiency across every department and implementing a LEAN production process, we increase the value we provide to our customers. We are constantly focusing on streamlining information and work flows, creating processes that reduce cost and production times without impacting on the quality or reliability of our products. We believe in eliminating waste and continual improvement of our tools and processes.
Our LEAN production process is based on our own LEAN temple (see below) and includes:
- Organisation of the work area and time management to speed up design and manufacturing processes
- A series of visual feedback systems which indicates production status and alerts staff when assistance is needed
- Identification and management of bottlenecks in the manufacturing process to improve overall performance
- Reduction of waste in processes between design, manufacturing and delivery
- Sales and engineering staff spend time on the factory floor to promote a better understanding of the manufacturing process
- Production scheduling improvements to reduce lead times
- Encouraging employees to work together to achieve improvements in the manufacturing process through team continuous improvement toolbox meetings and ideas boards
- Documented procedures that capture best practices
- Visual indicators, displays and controls throughout the manufacturing plant to improve communication of information