Helipebs is proud to announce that we are one of the first companies in our industry to have achieved certification to BS OHSAS 18001:2007.
This is a management system dedicated to Occupational Health & Safety in the workplace.
The main aim of the system is to take the basic legal Health & Safety requirements that all organisations must meet, and build a more detailed and in depth Health & Safety management system.
The system is based on several key areas:
- Legislation that is applicable to the organisations operations.
- The requirements of the OHSAS 18001 standard itself.
- Risk assessment and safe working procedures for the organisations activities, both in normal and unexpected situations.
There are a number of benefits to the implementation of such a system, for example:-
- The organisation has a formal system for keeping up to date with constantly changing legislation.
- Procedures and risk assessments form the basis for ensuring that personnel performing operations are trained and have the right equipment to do the job as safely as possible.
- The system is monitored and reviewed to take into account changes in process and where improvements can be made.
Why did we implement 18001?
Chris Berry, Process Improvement Manager, says “we have always taken an active interest in Health & Safety issues as a company and with some of our Customers starting to enquire about our Health & Safety provisions during contract tender, we felt that it would be beneficial to formalise it. We already hold ISO9001 and 14001 Quality and Environmental standards and felt that 18001 would sit nicely alongside”.