Putting back into the community
As well as undertaking voluntary work, Helipebs also adheres to UK Corporate Governance Code, Companies Act 2006, Climate Change Act 2008, Bribery Act 2010 and the Equality Act 2010. In addition, Helipebs has chosen to gain accreditation to the Environmental Management System ISO 14001:2004.
Below are just some of the activities Helipebs has been involved in to raise money for worthy causes.
- Following the death of an 18 year old girl who was the niece of one of our Contractors, Helipebs Controls and its employees decided to become the main sponsor for a tractor drive between John O’Groats and Lands’ End which raised £2,000 for the Cardiomyopathy Association.
- Helipebs Controls was a sponsor for the LINC ‘Edward Jenner Appeal’ concert in Gloucester Cathedral. LINC (Leukaemia and Intensive Chemotherapy) is a Gloucestershire based charity that supports both patients and their families during chemotherapy treatment.
- Helipebs donated funds towards the opening of a local play area under the Elmbridge Neighbourhood Partnership.
- Helipebs Controls was pleased to support the work of the Haemochromatosis Society following the untimely death of one of its key employees from a rare condition.
- For a number of years, Helipebs Controls has been one of the sponsors for the Rotary Club of Cheltenham North annual Carol Concert. In 2012, the programme was compered by Nicholas Parsons, star of radio, theatre and TV fame, and the audience were able to listen to Laurence Kilsby, a Tewkesbury Abbey chorister, who sang for the Queen during her Diamond Jubilee celebrations. A total of £7,900 was raised for distribution to local causes, including LINC and RP Fighting Blindness. For further information please go to www.lincfund.org and www.rpfightingblindness.org.uk
- Severn Freewheelers and the Prescott Bike Festival has been supported by Helipebs Controls in aid of the National Association of Blood Bikes (NABB), a charity that provides an essential ‘out of hours medical courier service’ to hospitals and NHS Trusts.
- The South Midlands Area ‘Military Vehicle Trust’ has received support for their annual Wartime in the Vale of Evesham WW2 Camp, with one Helipebs Controls employee taking an active part in the re-enactment where over 400 wartime vehicles are on display.
- We are also proud to support a girls and boys local football team.